The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal)
ISGlobal (www.isglobal.org) is a cutting-edge institution with capacity to address global health challenges trough research, translation and education. It has the ambitious goal of working towards a world in which all people can enjoy health. ISGlobal has a broad research portfolio in communicable and non- communicable diseases.
The ISGlobal Malaria Epigenetics lab directed by ICREA Research Professor Alfred Cortés investigates transcriptional responses and epigenetic regulation of gene expression in malaria parasites. Among the processes regulated at the epigenetic level in malaria parasites, we have a special interest on sexual conversion, which is necessary for malaria transmission. We use a combination of molecular approaches that include molecular and cell biology, transcriptomics, epigenomics, and genome editing with CRISPR-Cas9 technology.
What we are looking for
- A PhD in a related discipline (molecular and cellular biology)
- High level of enthusiasm and motivation; passion for science!
- Capacity to work both independently and as part of a team
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Previous expertise in malaria research and/or in epigenetics/chromatin biology
- Demonstrated track record of achievements
- Bioinformatics skills
What we offer
- A 3-year position starting in October 2019 (later start dates may be negotiated).
- The post is full time. Salary will depend on experience and qualifications, according to ISGlobal salary scales
- Integration in an international, highly dynamic team
- An innovative and ambitious well-funded project
- A multidisciplinary research environment
- All necessary equipment and facilities are available in house or in nearby collaborating institutions
How to apply
Informal enquiries about the position (but not the official application) can be addressed to firstname.lastname@example.org
Shortlisted candidates will be contacted for an interview (in person or remote, i.e. via skype or telephone) in September.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.