The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health. ISGlobal provides a hub of excellence dedicated to scientific research and the provision of health care. The institute, which originated in a joint initiative of the Hospital Clínic de Barcelona and the University of Barcelona, has amassed over 30 years of experience in the field of global health. The pivotal mechanism of its work model is the transfer of knowledge generated by scientific research to practice, a task undertaken by the Research, Training and Policy and Global Development departments. Its ultimate goal is to help close the gaps in health disparities between and within different regions of the world.
What Are We Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a post-doctoral researcher to join our young, dynamic team in physical activity/mobility & respiratory/NCDs research working on the MOBILISE-D project, a 5-y (2019-2024) private-public consortium funded by EC-IMI and aiming to measure and validate digital mobility outcomes in patients with chronic obstructive pulmonary disease (COPD), multiple sclerosis, Parkinson’s disease and hip fracture. The researcher is expected to participate in diverse WPs, involving data management and analysis, writing scientific papers and reports, organizing and attending meetings, and training master and pre-doctoral students. A strong epidemiological and/or statistical background is required.
Main duties and tasks
- Perform statistical analysis of physical activity and mobility parameters in relation to clinical and disability (including respiratory) outcomes.
- Interpret and discuss the results with other MOBILISE-D members.
- Write scientific papers in peer-reviewed scientific journals.
- Contribute as co-author to other MOBILISE-D publications.
- Preparation of project deliverables.
- Present results in scientific conferences and meetings.
- Link with regulatory authorities (EMA, FDA).
- Mentor master and pre-doctoral researchers.
- Assist in preparation of WP meetings and minutes writing.
Training and Experience
- PhD in Epidemiology, Public Health, Biostatistics or related discipline.
- A strong epidemiological and statistical background is required
- Experience in respiratory, geriatric, physical activity and/or mobility epidemiology is an asset.
- Experience in complex statistical analyses is an asset.
- Excellent organization and communication skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously.
- Rational thinker.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Duration : 2 years
- Starting date : 1st of October
- Contract: Full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_MobiliseD_ECIMI_Jul22, attach the CV (standard academic and research record including, if applicable). Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The closing date for the receipt of applications is 15th September ‘22.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome, that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.