The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Environmental science
- Medical sciences
- Other: Statistics
- Analyses linking exposome and omics data with health outcomes
- Writing scientific papers documenting the results
- Develop/apply novel statistical methods to analyse exposome data. Particular areas of interest include methods for high-dimensional data and for longitudinal analysis; causal inference methods; methods to quantify the effects of mixtures of pollutants and to deal with missing data.
- Collaborate with the statistical task force preparing tutorials and codes for the use of complex statistical analyses.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- PhD in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related disciplines.
- Experience in complex statistical analyses.
- Experience in environmental epidemiology studies.
- Proficient in R software for statistical analysis.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Eager to learn and proactive.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: 2 years
- Starting date: September 2023
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: According internal salary scales
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_ATHLETE_Jul23, attach the CV. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 20/08/2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, gender, marital status, race, ethnicity, functional diversity, political leanings, religion, sexual orientation, gender identity or gender expression.
ISGlobal supports the initiative #ScienceforUkraine. Therefore, to sustain Ukraine’s presence in the European Research Area and international scholarly community, candidates from Ukraine on all levels of scholarly career are welcome: students, PhD candidates, early career researchers and senior scholars.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.