The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
More specifically, the team is seeking a candidate with a strong background in nutrition and fatty liver disease.
Training and experience/Qualifications (Specific Requirements):
- have a Doctoral degree with experience in the field;
- have expertise in liver health with specific knowledge of fatty liver disease:
- have a good track record of publications in peer-reviewed journals;
- be willing to work in an inter-disciplinary team at a highly collaborative research institute.
Key Responsibilities and Duties
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder. Duties assigned to this position will require an in-depth knowledge of liver health and may involve organizing and implementing complex research plans, the development of methods of research, testing and data collection, analysis and evaluation, and writing reports containing descriptive, analytical and evaluative content. The key responsibilities are the following:
- Conduct robust research with a strong methodology in the field of liver disease;
- Collect and analyse data, including literature searching and data analysis;
- Take an active role in on-going and future research projects within the field of liver health including developing research proposals;
- Lead in manuscript writing for publication in scientific journals and as conference abstract submissions;
- Take a proactive role in identifying grant opportunities for liver disease research;
- Lead in the preparation and writing of research proposals;
- Other duties as assigned, which may include attending scientific conferences and meetings and supervising junior staff.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and communication skills
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Critical thinking
- Good level of English (written and spoken). Other languages, especially Spanish, are valued and considered an asset. C
- Duration : one year, renewable
- Starting date: September 2023
- Contract: Full-time
- Salary Range: Post-doctoral fellow C
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoctoral_HIA_Apr23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.