The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Doctorate in Health/Biomedical Sciences, Public Health, Environmental Epidemiology, Statistics or related subject.
- Previous experience in child health/cohort research Specific Requirements:
- Prepare a virtual lesson.
- The lesson will be based on Lifecycle Project, particularly WP6.
- The lesson will be uploaded to a web site and shared internationally.
- The contribution requires knowledge about mental health and early life exposures.
- Contribution to overall stakeholder activities of LifeCycle, promoting translation of scientific advances into policy.
- Strong organization and team-working skills;
- Awareness of issues relating to cohort research and policy translation (in environment and child health);
- Competence in network building and cultivation of professional relations;
- Keen interest in environmental exposure and child health research;
- Motivated researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard;
- Professional attitude with attention to details;
- English written and spoken.
- Duration:1 month (extendable)
- Starting date: 1st September 2020
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: Post Doc C
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PostDoc_LifecycleWP11_Jul20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until August, 1st 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.