The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
The ISGlobal Postdoctoral Programme involves complementary training and professional development. This includes access to the PRBB Intervals Programme (leadership, innovation, communication and good scientific practices), internal training activities, funds for external training, ISGlobal seminars and other PRBB and Hospital Clínic seminars.
What We Are Looking for
- Biological sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- PhD in a discipline related with Bioinformatics and Data Science with proven experience in immunology or other disciplines such as immunology, infectious diseases, molecular and cellular biology.
- Experience in common programming languages, with particular focus on R
- Experience with the management and analysis of large datasets, including omics and immunology data and data science and machine learning methods
- Experience in immunology assays and omics techniques is an asset
- Demonstrated track record of achievements including first-author publications in peer-reviewed journals
- PhD obtained between 2013 and 14/09/2021
- European fellowships applicants (to be based at ISGlobal) must not have resided or worked in Spain for more than 12 months over the last 3 years (MSCA mobility rule).
- For applicants to the Global Fellowships funding scheme, they must be long term residents or nationals of Horizon Europe countries (EU and associated); they cannot have resided or carried out the main activity in the country were the outgoing phase of the fellowship would take place for more than 12 months over the last 3 years.
- Data analysis
- Designing, conducting and supervising experiments (optional)
- Interpretation of results
- Preparation of manuscripts
- Oral presentations
- Contribute to scientific discussion and participation in other activities in the Immunology research group
- Excellent organization and coordination skills
- Capacity to work independently
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English are essential.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_MSCA_Jul21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 14th september 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.