The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
Responsibilities include contributing to an integrated indicator framework to track the health co-benefits of climate change mitigation. The position would focus on a critical assessment of the health co-benefits potential of carbon sinks, specifically the role of forests, urban greenspace, and other nature-based solutions.
- Conducting scoping review
- Contribute to development of indicator framework for health co-benefits of climate change mitigation and adaptation related to Nature Based Solutions.
- Conduct scoping review on health co-benefits potential of land-based carbon sinks
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- PhD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, environmental health, or related discipline.
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement; research experience with forests, green space, and health.
- Experience with health co-benefits of climate change mitigation is an asset.
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Literature review
- Ability to synthesize complex, heterogenous information
- Ability to effectively communicate findings
- The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Professional level of written and spoken English
- Duration: 4 months with possible extension
- Starting date: 01/01/2023
- Contract: (part or full time) Full time
- Salary Range: 40-50K EUR (Depending on qualification and experience)
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_catalyse_frameworkCT_Jan23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 8/12/2022
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.