ISGlobal is a cutting-edge institution with demonstrated capacity to address global public health challenges through research, translation and education. ISGlobal is located on two campuses: Campus Clinic, with the University of Barcelona and Hospital Clínic and Campus Mar, with University Pompeu Fabra and Hospital del Mar. ISGlobal has an ambitious vision as a world-class centre in research, translation and education, with a commitment to improve global health and promote health equity.
ISGlobal is a leader in environmental epidemiology research with particular expertise in urban exposures as well as in the characterization and study of the exposome. ISGlobal is currently involved in 4 H2020 exposome projects, it has created the ISGlobal Exposome Hub and is part of the European Human Exposome Network. This offers unique opportunities to learn and develop cutting-edge research in environmental epidemiology.
What We Are Looking for
We are recruiting a post-doctoral researcher to join our dynamic team in the Childhood and Environment research programme. The researcher will work in a European exposome project (Equal-life: Early environmental quality and life-course mental health effects, Horizon 2020, Grant Agreement number 874724, https://www.equal-life.eu/ ), as part of the ISGlobal project team led by Maria Foraster, Assistant Research Professor. The researcher will also work in collaboration with Jordi Julvez, group leader at Institut d'Investigació Sanitària Pere Virgili (IISPV), Equal-life partner and ISGlobal collaborator, as well as with other European Equal-life partners, and related projects (e.g. BiSC, https://www.projectebisc.org/en/home/). The position will mainly involve conducting statistical analysis and meta-analyses of up to 11 cohorts across Europe and drafting publications in the field of a) the exposome and cognitive and mental health outcomes in children, and b) urban environment and pregnancy or child health in one or more cohorts. This position will provide the opportunity to gain leadership and management abilities by supporting the coordination of the project and leading publications. Moreover, the researcher will have multiple opportunities for networking and collaboration within and outside the childhood and environment programme and ISGlobal to foster his/her career.
- Environmental science
- Medical science
Training and experience /Qualifications
- PhD (or equivalent) in epidemiology, environmental health, biostatistics or related discipline
- Demonstrated record of scientific achievement in epidemiology or environmental health
- Experience with statistical analysis and managing complex data in R
- Experience in exposome studies will be an asset.
- Experience in harmonization witll be an asset.
- Coordinating health and environmental exposure databases
- Contribute to the study design
- Conduct statistical analyses
- Draft original articles for publication in high impact journals
- Disseminate findings at conferences, workshops, scientific journals, and other channels
- Excellent quantitative and programming skills
- Motivated, self-directed researcher capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken)
- Duration: 24 months
- Starting date: : January 1st 2023
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Postdoc_EQUALLIFE_Nov22, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open untill 9th of December 2022.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.