The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health, through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
What We Are Looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Review the literature, design the study and collaborate with partners in ATHLETE
- Supervise and help in the field work.
- Analyse the data
- Write papers on the data
- Contribute to any other work in ATHLETE
Training and experience
- PhD in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related disciplines.
- Experience in statistical analyses
- Experience in field work and field work supervision.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously, rational thinker.
- Eager to learn and proactive.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Duration: 1 years (can be extended)
- Starting date: September 2021
- Full time contract
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form including the following code reference position: PD_ATHLETE_Jul21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 27th July 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.