DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What we are looking for
- Knowledge of the preparedness concept
- The policy-making processes at the Spanish and European levels particularly regarding the response to covid-19 crisis in the Spanish, European and international contexts, including the Next Generation European initiative;
- Ability to understand and process scientific and policy information.
- Ability to work simultaneously with a diversity of stakeholders.
- Full professional proficiency in English and Spanish. Other languages will be considered a plus;
Additional relevant competences
- Previous working experience in a research centre;
- Value will be given to experience on coordination or elaboration of papers and other documents addressed to feed advocacy needs and coordination of international initiatives (e.g. workshops) in the areas of the post.
- Dedication: 50%
- Starting date: Any time since February 21, 2021.
- Duration: 6 months
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the requested form including the following reference: Coordinator_PolicyandScientific_Feb21.
Applicants should attach the following documents:
- Curriculum Vitae;
- 1 page supporting statement describing career trajectory, qualifications, experiences in regards to the offered position;
- the names and contact information for two references.
The receipt of applications will be open until a candidate is selected. Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.