The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health, through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
What you are looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Conduct the field work and collect data from various data sources.
- Archive and analyse the data
- Collaborate with partners in the projects
- Contribute to any other work in the projects
- Contribute to the HIA cities project
Training and experience
- MSc in Biostatistics, Epidemiology, Public Health, Data Science or related disciplines.
- Experience in health impact assessment.
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Teamplayer, yet capable of working autonomously, rational thinker.
- Eager to learn and proactive.
- Excellent organization skills.
- Excellent writing skills.
- Proficiency in English (written and spoken).
- Duration: 1 year (with optional 2 years)
- Starting date: Sep 2021
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PhD_HIA_Jul21
attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 3rd August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.