The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a motivated Data Manager to work on the ATHLETE (Advancing Tools for Human Early Lifecourse Exposome Research and Translation) project. ATHLETE project has received funding from H2020 (grant agreement 874583) and aims to implement the exposome in birth cohorts in order to study the effects of a wide range of community-level and individual-level environmental risk factors on mental, cardiometabolic, and respiratory health outcomes and associated biological pathways during the first 2 decades of life. The data manager will set up the database for the INMA cohort in the framework of the project, harmonise the data according to the ATHLETE protocols, prepare data for analysis as required by the project, and perform statistical analyses.
ATHLETE has received funding from the European Union’s Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under grant agreement No 874583.
- Biological sciences
- Computer science
- Environmental science
- Prepare the INMA database from the questionnaires and measurements
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research
- Harmonise the data according to ATHLETE protocols
- Conduct appropriate statistical analyses
- Provide input on the interpretation of the results
- Prepare tables for use in publications and reports
- Provide input on development of methods sections of publications and reports
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience / Qualifications
- Educated to diploma level in biostatistics, bioinformatics or related topics
- Experience in processing and managing of complex data
- Experience with relevant software packages: SPSS, STATA, R
- Experience in epidemiological, medical or laboratory sciences an advantage
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker.
- Motivated professional capable of setting and meeting deadlines and delivering research outputs to the required standard
- Excellent organization and team-working skills.
- Effective verbal and written communication skills.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration: 3 months
- Starting date: 1st October 2023
- Contract: Part time (15h/week)
- Salary Range: 12.585 €
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DM_ATHLETE_Oct23 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 27th of September.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies, gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views, are encouraged to apply.