The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health, through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is the first global public health centre to have received the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation.
What We Are Looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Contact families for the new follow-up of the INMA Sabadell cohort
- Visit participants and conduct interviews related to the study
- Follow up with participants
- Visit the participants at schools
- Collect biological samples from participants including blood and urine
- Be able to strictly follow the protocols of the study (some of them written in English)
Training and experience
- Experience on population based studies on maternal – child health will be valued
- Blood extraction experience
- Strong organization and team-working skills
- Team player, yet capable of working autonomously
- Able to self-manage with the participants
- Good communication skills with the participants of the study
- Flexible schedule.
- Catalan, Spanish, and English
- Location: ISGlobal – Campus Mar
- Reports to: Martine Vrijheid
- Duration: 1 year
- Starting date: 15/08/2021
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Nurse_ATHLETE_Jul21 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until July 31st 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.