DescripciónThe Manhiça Health Research Centre (CISM), established in 1996 and represented by the Fundação Manhiça, a legal Mozambican entity established in 2008, aims at conducting and promoting health research in national priority health areas to safeguard the health of the most vulnerable populations.
The following responsibilities are expected for this position:
- Supervision and technical support for the laboratory processing of samples in the Microbiology laboratory of the Central Hospital of Quelimane;
- Guidance and tutoring of technical and/or higher technical personnel to carry out diagnostic and laboratory research on infectious diseases in the field of public health in the Microbiology laboratory of the Central Hospital of Quelimane;
- Implementation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOP), management of Biosecurity guidelines, as well as the implementation and monitoring of internal quality controls and external quality assessment panels;
- Ability to collect, analyse and interpret laboratory data ensuring that they are recorded accurately, according to the standard guidelines;
- Capacity to organise and facilitate training programs for laboratory technical personnel;
- Compliance with delivery times for periodic laboratory examination reports;
- Identification of needs in terms of consumables and laboratory equipment;
- Design of strategic plans for the Microbiology laboratory taking into account the different trends;
- Active participation in the design, planning and implementation of studies with a microbiological component;
- Preparation of regular reports of progress and/or performance of studies in which you are involved;
- Carrying out other activities delegated and entrusted by superiors;
- Compliance with CISM internal regulations.
Training / Qualification
- Degree in Medicine, Veterinary, Biology or related areas.
- Speciality in Medical Microbiology will be an advantage.
Skills and Competencies
- Having solid and proven knowledge and experience in general and clinical microbiology;
- Having extensive experience in quality management systems and monitoring of non-compliance;
- Having knowledge of good clinical and laboratory practices;
- Ability to provide guidance and detailed tutoring;
- High leadership skills, dynamism and laboratory organisation;
- Ability to work as a team and ease of communication;
- Proven advanced level of English;
- Excellent computer skills,
- Excellent problem-solving skills;
- Ability of critical data analysis;
- Ability to work under pressure.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in Microbiology;
- Work experience in public health systems, implementation of laboratory quality and quality assurance systems with experience of at least 1 year;
- Experience in organising training and technical training programs;
- Proven experience for conducting research.
- Take up residence in the city of Quelimane.
How to Apply
Applicants must send their candidature to firstname.lastname@example.org
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.