The Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
What We Are Looking for
The main responsibilities will include the following tasks:
- Test and implement new methods for sampling and real-time monitoring of bioaerosols.
- Organize and supervise aerosol sampling campaigns.
- Develop and improve procedures for microbial culture and molecular analysis of environmental samples.
- Perform data processing and analysis.
- Elaborate concise protocols, reports and manuscripts.
- Supervise laboratory technicians and conduct training to degree and/or masters students.
- Prepare documents and/or presentations for meetings and congresses.
- Maintain close contacts with consortium partners and suppliers.
Training and Experience
The following attributes will be considered during the evaluation process:
- PhD studies in Biology, Biotechnology, Environmental Sciences or related disciplines.
- Trained and experienced in working under laboratory biosafety conditions.
- Previous expertise on aerosol sampling and preservation.
- Demonstrated expertise in both microbial culture and molecular techniques (DNA and RNA extraction, amplification, library preparation and sequencing technologies).
- Experience in processing and managing complex data and large datasets.
- Programming skills with main data management and statistical tools (e.g. R, Stata, Python, etc.).
- Knowledge on laser-induced fluorescence (LIF) will be highly valued.
Required Competencies and Skills
- Excellent in written and spoken English.
- Knowledge of Spanish and/or Catalan would be an asset.
- Outstanding organizational and team-working skills (yet capable of working independently).
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills.
- Eager to learn, proactive and with great initiative.
- Capability of setting and meeting deadlines.
- Ability to train and transfer knowledge.
- Availability to travel as required by project activities.
- Full-time position, fixed-term 7 months contract.
- Salary according to the candidate’s profile and to the internal scales.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and attach the CV and a cover letter including the following Reference Number Position: BiologistMol_AirCOVID_Jun20. Each document must include the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until July,14th 2020..
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.