- Faculty of Medicine, University of Barcelona
- 525Euros + University taxes
- 9:00 - 13:30
- Face to face
- 3 ECTS
This course has been cancelled.
- Critically analyze the health needs of migrant and refugee communities in the Mediterranean region
- Define key cultural, social and human rights determinants that influence their health
- Identify basic communications skills to work with migrants and refugees and promote mental health and well-being
- Propose innovative solutions to the refugee crisis in the Mediterranean, at the program and population level
- Course Overview: Migrant and Refugee health in the Mediterranean
- Architecture of Humanity: Trauma, recovery, and resilience factors in mental health and well-being
- Health, Culture, and Communication
- Health and Human Rights
- Site visit: travel clinic in Clinic Hospital and migrant health services in Sant Joan de Déu Hospital.
- Public health challenges in migrant health: an epidemiological perspective
- Pediatric issues in migrant health
- Presentation of Students’ Final proposal papers
Nathan Bertelsen, University of Minnesota
Ana Requena, ISGlobal
Victoria Fumadó, Sant Joan de Déu Hospital - UB, and ISGlobal
- Written assignment
- Oral presentation
- Class Participation
Candidates should have an interest in global health and migrants/refugees health.
Please complete this form.