DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
A key feature and capability of the MESA Alliance is the unique database of malaria research, MESA Track, which documents current research in malaria control, elimination and eradication. Using the reach of the MESA Alliance network, the living database has captured more than 1,700 research projects to-date, geographically distributed across 140 sites and includes work led by 486 institutions around the globe. Data collection of recent and ongoing projects is possible through direct collaboration with the institutions and researchers in the field, including partnerships with other leading malaria organizations. To extend the reach and utility of the database and resources housed in the system, MESA strives to create institutional portfolios reflecting the scope of research, awarded grants, malaria work plans and project results for participating research centers.
What we are looking for
Key Responsibilities and Specific duties
- Data curation and management:
- Manage and optimize the MESA Track platform and increase its uptake
- Systematically enter and update thematic areas or portfolios of the MESA Track database according to priorities
- Update thematic areas and portfolios in MESA Track
- Train others in this work
- Data analysis:
- Identify thematic areas that could benefit from a Deep Dive exercise
- Data analyses:
- Conduct systematic reviews managing all its process: screening, calibration, coding, analysis, collaboration and communication and manuscript writing
- Support the day-to-day activities of the project by developing materials, reports, etc. as needed
- Prepare project proposals, reports and research findings
- Master´s degree in in global health/public health/tropical medicine or related topics
- Knowledge of malaria;
- Experience with content management systems;
- Methodological approach to work and attention to detail
- Strong analytical skills
- Ability to accurately describe other researchers’ findings and to cite the information using standard referencing conventions
- Strong organizational skills and able to work systematically and meet deadlines
- Ability to effectively work both as a team member and independently
- Proficiency in English.
- Full-time work
- Duration: 4 years
- Starting date: November 2021
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DB_MESA_Jun21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 15th July 2021
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.