Oferta de trabajo: Medical Specialist for END-VOC
DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for:
ISGlobal is looking for a physician specialized in viral and bacterial infectious diseases epidemiology and advanced epidemiological analytical skills to coordinate and analyze genomic and clinical data from international END-VOC cohorts.
The overall project goal is to support the European and global response to the COVID-19 pandemic and VOCs by developing and pooling well characterised COVID-19 cohorts with sufficient genomic information worldwide and linking these with existing European and international initiatives. In the framework of this project, genomic and clinical data from cohorts will be used for analysing transmission and clinical outcomes associated with COVID-19 disease and the emergence of VOCs.
- Engaging with END-VOC cohorts to collect appropriate data related to the research questions
- Developing epidemiological analysis to understand the impact of VOCs
- Contribute to the study of genomic epidemiology of transmission dynamics of VOCs based on community, travel associated, and sentinel surveillance
- Physician specialized on the study of emerging viral and bacterial diseases, with a particular emphasis on respiratory infections and outcomes analysis
- Medical sciences
- Problem resolution.
- Good coordination skills
- Spanish Proficient, and English advance
- Duration: 2 years
- Starting date: 01/06/2023
- Contract: Full Time
- Salary Range: € Gross Annual Salary (Assistant Research Professor, level C)
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: ARP_ END-VOC_May23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 3O th May 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.