The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Biological sciences
- Medical sciences
- Processing of plasma/serum or other fluid samples
- Design antibody assay experiments
- Plan and purchase the required materials and preparation of budgets
- Perform antibody assays, primarily Luminex-based assays
- Produce recombinant proteins to be used in the Luminex assays
- Perform QA/QC and preprocessing of data, and basic data management with Excel, CSV. Knowledge of R and ability to perform basic descriptive analyses would be an asset
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Degree in biomedical sciences with at least 3-year laboratory experience
- Experience/knowledge in processing and analysing samples for serological analyses
- Experience in antibody immunological assays, preferably with Luminex
- Experience with database management and statistics for QA/QC, preprocessing and basic descriptive analyses, would be an asset (Excel, CSV, GraphPad, R)
- Excellent organization and planning
- Attention to detail
- Ability to process high number of samples
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
It will be necessary to obtain at least 2 positive reference letters from previous employers to be considered.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
- Duration:Until end of 2024 with strong potential for extension
- Starting date: As soon as possible in 2023 (Early sept 2023 ideal)
- Contract: Full time
- Salary Range: According to ISGlobal Salary technical scale based on qualifications and experience,
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: LabTech_Antibody_Immuno_Jul23 , attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 15 September 2023 or until filled.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
Diverse candidacies are welcome that includes: gender, race, ethnicity, religion, age, sexual orientation, physical abilities, and political views.
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.