DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry, being the first global public health centre to receive this recognition.
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor degree preferably in the field of Life Sciences, Bio-Engineering and/or Business Administration. Related Master desired.
- Knowledge, skills and professional experience in the areas of: Biomedical or bioengineering research.
- Experience working in a research centre will be valued.
- Experience of preaward management and managing calls from European and International funders.
- Knowledge & technology transfer (KTT) knowledge and/or experience for biomedical technologies.
- Project management with ability to prepare several projects prosposals simultenously and engage industry partners.
- Knowledge of the Catalan, national and European science, technology and innovation systems as well as of the technology transfer procedures and associated regulations.
- The candidate will be placed in the Preaward Dept, working closely with the Knowledge, Technology transfer and business development activities of the Innovation department.
- The Preaward Dept detects funding opportunities, analyses and disseminate key information from calls for proposals and donors policies for global health projects and initiatives, according to the objectives of the strategic plan and needs of the organization.
- Preaward provides tailored advice and support on grant proposals preparations in liaison with ISGlobal staff (principal investigators, project managers, scientific coordinator, grant managers).
- The Innovation department takes new ideas and discoveries that respond to a social need out of the lab to the society by performing:
- Intellectual Property strategy
- Proof of concept (co-development agreements, fundraisining, etc)
- Market transfer strategy (out-license, start-up creation)
- Some innovation projects:
- New Treatments: new antibiotics for antimicrobial resistance.
- Point-of-care diagnostics for: bacterial pneumonia, diagnosis and transmission of malaria in pregnant women for malaria elimination, clinical follow-up of Chagas disease, HIV infection, portable and non-invasive screening device for infant meningitis, development of novel wearable technologies for monitoring exposure to environmental pollutants to improve urban health, among others
- Digital Health platforms: Trip Doctor/FAMBA platform for travelers to tropical destinations; INNoMIGS migrants screening in primary health; RECETAS as nature-based solution project, among others
Support the knowledge and technology transfer process of innovative projects:
- To identify and pro-actively disseminate calls for proposal from public and private institutions, specific for Global Health Projects and Initiatives as per ISGlobal research interests, with high innovation component. Especial focus on Horizon Europe call for proposals
- To lead innovation proposal preparations and to provide a transversal advice and writing support to researchers with potential innovation projects in the elaboration of grant proposals; specifically, provide support in the intellectual property protection and exploitation plan of new technologies.
- To coordinate formal acceptance of granted projects; liaise with the legal Dept, grant managers and HHRR Dept (when appropriate) the negotiation phase of research-related contracts, such as grants agreements, subgrants, subcontracts, fellowships
- Perform industry search fostering cooperation with the private sector and developing new partnerships to support the effective development and transfer of the portfolio of patents, software and inventions (contracted research, development technology, demonstrators, proof of concept, licenses, ...), contributing to reach the Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) of the Horizon Europe framework in terms of number of small and medium-sized enterprises (SME) included in the projects.
- Coordinate the internal priorisation of proposals to fit the call criteria in terms of limited number of proposals by institution.
- Contribute to achieve the implementation of the ISGlobal Innovation Strategic plan aligned with the ISGlobal Strategic Plan 2019-2013 and the Severo Ochoa Programme.
- Contribute to create awareness and training in innovation, entrepreneurship and start-up creation.
- Strengthen the external innovation network with private and public institutions.
- Propose new methodologies and best practices to improve the technology and transfer impact and promote innovation cultural change in the organization.
- Fulfill other related specific assignments.
- Teamwork, ability to work in a cross-disciplinary environment and across different departments
- Ability to work independently and in a team in an international multicultural environment.
- Proven ability to prioritize, work with deadlines and under pressure.
- Organized, high attention to detail; ability to summarize and communicate key information at all levels
- Problem resolution
- Learning capacity
- Proficiency in English, Spanish and preferably Catalan (C1-MCER).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Duration: 1 year, extendable subject to performance.
- Starting date: immediately
- Contract: Full or Part-time based on the candidate's availability.
- Salary Range: according to candidate's experience and qualifications
- Location : Teleworking and ISGlobal Campus Clínic / Mar Barcelona
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: PreAward_Innovation_Jul21
attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 8th August 2021.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.