DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
ISGlobal is one of the collaborating institutions beneficiary of a H2020 grant (H2020-SC1-2018-Single-Stage-RTD) called HERA: Integrating Environment and Health Research: a Vision for the EU. This project aims at setting the priorities for an environment and health research agenda in the EU. HERA is structured in workpackages, being WP3 the one aiming to identify proactively key areas in policy and practice that require scientific support in the environment, climate and health nexus in Europe in the next decade and to structure the work in an inclusive way ensuring recognition of all relevant regional, national and EU perspectives of stakeholders including those from European countries with less developed environment and health research and policy.
What we are looking
Main duties and tasks
- To identify responsible/competent institutions for developing and implementing EH policy and practice at national level following a top-down approach.
- To search for and select documents describing existing and future policy and practice on environmental health in Spain (such as national policies, programs, regulations, scenario studies, research agendas, etc.).
- To extract and record relevant information from selected documents using a pre-formatted common form (i.e. a Document Review Table).
- To identify key topics and priorities in selected documents, and synthesized information in a Summary Country Report.
- To conduct interviews or approach government officials as needed to identify key information
- To participate in meeting both at HERA ISGlobal’s core team or internationally with other components of HERA WP3 participants.
Training and experience
- Bachelor’s degree in health, social or economic sciences.
- A postgraduate degree on Public Health, preferably on health policy and management or professional experience of at least 2 years in this field.
- Experience performing policy analysis: such as policy mapping, gap analysis or policy implementation analysis.
- Excellent organizational (detail oriented) and time management skills.
- Ability to communicate and interact competently and professionally at all levels within a diverse environment.
- Clear and concise verbal and written communication skills and strong organizational skills in English.
- Proficiency with electronic communications and Microsoft office.
- Experience in working in international environments and interest in public health at a global scale.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English and Spanish. Project written communications and daily work will be in English.
- Other languages will be an asset.
How to apply
Applicants must send a CV and a cover letter and passport copy by email to firstname.lastname@example.org, with the subject heading HERA Policy Analysis. The closing date for the receipt of applications is August 30th 2019.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contact.
In ISGlobal we are committed to maintaining and developing a work environment in which the values and principles of our organization are respected and equal opportunities between women and men be promoted in each of the areas in which we operate, not tolerating discrimination based on criteria such as age, sex, marital status, race, ethnicity, disabilities, political leanings, religion or sexual orientation.