DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking an enthusiastic, detail oriented, and autonomous research intern who is interested in contributing to the Health Systems Research Group’s research project on hepatitis B virus (HBV) infection among African migrant populations in Spain in addition to supporting the group’s work on policy and public health responses to viral hepatitis, other liver diseases (including NAFLD/NASH) and COVID-19 in Spain, Europe, and sub-Saharan Africa.
The research intern will primarily provide support to the HBV Community Based Screening and Vaccination in Africans (HBV-COMSAVA) project under the supervision of the project coordinator and study PI. Work will include on-site field visits in greater Barcelona, often on the weekends 3 times a month. In addition, the research intern may be tasked with providing support to other team members in the daily functions of other research projects and coordinate daily activities.
- Biological sciences
- Medical sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Undergraduate degree in Biomedicine, health sciences or a related degree.
- Proficiency in Stata, Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint)
- Desirable: illustration or design experience.
- Provide support as the research intern for the Health Systems Research Group.
- Support all activities related to the HBV-COMSAVA study, including traveling to intervention sites in the greater Barcelona area;
- Data entry and management in Excel or STATA;
- Draft texts, proposals, reports, or research findings as needed in English, Spanish, and/or Catalan;
- Prepare presentations in Powerpoint;
- Copy-editing,proofreading and reference management;
- Liaise with other research groups at ISGlobal as needed;
- Participate in relevant ISGlobal seminars or workshops.
- Ability to work well with others;
- Strong written communication skills;
- Pays attention to detail and deadline-driven;
- Ability to accurately describe other researchers’ findings and to cite information using standard referencing conventions;
- Ability to use PubMed/Medline and other major databases to conduct literature searches;
- English and Spanish (speaking, reading, writing)
- Catalan and French desirable
- Duration:4 months
- Starting date: 1 Sept 2021- 31 Dec 2021
- Contract: (part or full time) 25% FTE
- Salary Range: Tecnic II- D
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: HBV_COMSAVA_Jun21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 13rd July 2021
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.