DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the fruit of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
The Grants manager will be responsible for the day-to-day financial and contractual aspects of a portfolio of grants. The Grants Manager will conduct monitoring and updating of the project’s budget, prepare financial reports and ensure that ISGlobal procedures are followed and donors’ requirements met. This position will also develop strategies based on financial research, guiding the senior investigators in making sound project decisions in the long and short term.
What We Are Looking for
Tasks and Responsibilities
- Follow up of the expenses of the project and monitoring of the budget execution for all parties involved in the project.
- Promote prompt corrective actions if there are deviations from the budget and the terms of the financing.
- Prepare accurate financial reports and updates of the project, with the supervision of ISGlobal Head of Grants office and the principal investigator and Project Manager.
- Support the Principal Investigators budgeting the activities planned, to ensure the eligibility of these activities and their costs fall under internal procedures as well as those of the donor and prepare budget for new proposals.
- Be the focal communications point with the projects’ team at ISGLOBAL and donors for financial aspects
- Take part in the negotiations with donors and sites regarding project agreements/amendments and partner sub-agreements.
- Follow-up of the sub-agreements in terms of financial and contractual matters.
- Ensure compliance and consistency between the internal processes of the Institution and the policies and procedures established by donors
- Be abreast with financial regulations and legislations.
- Draft, create and adapt independently templates and forms for reporting and other contractual matters.
- Prepare summary of expenses from the ERP for revision by Project team.
- Coordinate with the other departments of the institution for issues related to the set-up and signature of contracts and subawards.
- Payment transfers to partners upon validation by project team and finally by the budget holder.
- Prepare/finalize financial report.
- Prepare, proof read and format legal documents, such as memoranda, e-mails, contracts, and letters.
- Take part to the elaboration of the annual budget providing information related to the project
- Management of amendments and risks to the project.
- Responsible to meet requirements of the donors.
- Preparation and coordination of audits.
- Manage cash flow of the grants.
- Take part in the closure procedures of projects.
- Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Business Administration or similar.
- Minimum experience of 3 years in financial management. Experience in the research sector is highly valued.
- Excellent fluency in written and spoken English, Spanish, Catalan.
- Experience in financial management of international consortium, knowledge of European funding in Research
- Contract drafting and negotiation skills (with the support of the legal department), understanding of contract and legal terminology and concepts.
- Superior attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Critical thinking skills and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work independently with minimum direction, but comfortable with working in a collaborative environment under short deadlines and varied workload.
- Willingness to be a proactive participant in a team environment and ability to adapt and work efficiently in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent Excel and Microsoft Office products, knowledge of ERP.
- Full time.
- Starting date: As soon as possible.
- 1 year contract.
How to apply
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.