The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is looking for a technician to be part of our team in the new cohort BISC, a birth cohort that started in October 2018 in Barcelona. The cohort is in the framework of the international AIR-NB (Pre-natal exposure to urban AIR pollution and pre- and post-Natal Brain development) Project. This project has received funding from the European Research Council (ERC) under the European Union's Horizon 2020 research and innovation programme under the ERC-2017-ADG call, with number 785994. This study aims to explore the relationship between environmental variables and foetal growth and neurodevelopment of the foetus.
Field research: (please, highlight the fields that define the position)
Training and Experience
- Graduate degree in the health sciences.
- Experience in carrying out fieldwork in epidemiological studies. Experience in exposure assessment will be positively valued
- Responsible, flexible and with problem solving skills
- Good organization skills
- Eager to learn and proactive, and with great initiative
- Autonomous and able to self-manage with the participants
- Working-hour flexibility
- Ability to work under pressure
- Good communication skills with the participants of the study
- Language level: Catalan, Spanish and English written and spoken.
- Duration: 2 months (extendable)
- Starting date: 13 th October 2021
- Contract: (part or full time) Full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Fieldwork_AirNB_Sept21 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until Oct 12th 2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.