The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Biological sciences
- Medical sciences
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Speciality in Biomedicine or similar with PhD experience in biomarkers
Competencies and skills
- Communication, Teamwork and collaboration, Commitment, Proactivity, Integrity, Critical and Analytical thinking.
- High level of English and preferably Portuguese and French.
- Expertise in field implementation activities in low and middle countries environment. Expertise in statistical analysis of study results
- Experience in field implementation activities in low and middle countries environment.
- Support the development of studies in the laboratory for the validation of biomarkers
- Support WP5 data management leader for the development of the data analysis plan
- Validation of the laboratory prototype against Luminex/ELISA, including support for sample and data analysis.
- Systematic analysis to determine the cut-off values for the cohorts of sTREM-1 and Angpt-2 related to severity, for use in Clinical Trials.
- Contribute to the design of the protocols of the EChiLiBRiST Clinical Trials with special emphasis on the methodology and the statistical plan for the analysis of results.
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Problem resolution.
- Supervision of students/collaborators
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures .
- High level of English
- Knowledge of Portuguese and French
- Duration:1 year
- Starting date: 1/10/2023
- Contract: full time
- Salary Range: According to internal salary scales
- During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DM_EChiLiBRiST_Aug23, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 8th September 2023.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.