The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in the following main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Maternal, Child and reproductive Health, Urban Health and Child and environmental health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
This project has received funding from the European Union's Horizon Europe research and innovation programme under Grant Agreement No 101046314, ENDING COVID 19 VARIANTS OF CONCERN THROUGH COHORT STUDIES (END-VOC)
What We Are Looking for
The Data Manager will be responsible for setting-up and maintaining databases for cohort studies included in the END-VOC project, validating the data collected, and conducting statistical analyses under the supervision of the PIs.
- Environmental science
- Medical sciences
Training and Experience /Qualifications
- Trained statistician or biomedical professional, preferably with experience in health statistics
- Knowledge of Stata, R, RedCAp
- Experience in processing and managing complex data
- Experience in statistical analysis, preferably with STATA or R
- Experience with database management and programming software
- Be fluent in spoken and written English
- Be able to work in a multicultural environment
- Design, implement, manage relational databases for different cohorts at ISGlobal include in END-VOC
- Coordinate the data collected through online questionnaires
- Carry out data cleaning and quality control, including contact with partners at local, national and international level to resolve queries
- Prepare databases and codebooks for researchers
- Harmonization of databases
- Document and archive all data for easy use in future research
- Conduct statistical analyses of the data using specialised software for epidemiological studies.
- Attend the Work Package and Consortium Meetings
This job description reflects the present requirements of the post but may evolve at any time in the future as duties and responsibilities change and/or develop providing there is appropriate consultation with the post-holder.
This job description is not a definitive or exhaustive list of responsibilities but identifies the key responsibilities and tasks of the post holder. The specific objectives of the post holder will be subject to review as part of the individual professional assessment process.
- Teamwork, yet capable of working autonomously, rational and critical thinker
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
The post holder will adhere to ISGlobal principles contained in People management policy, including Equity, diversity and health safety. The post holder will respect, and accountable to ensure ISGlobal policies and procedures.
The selection process is designed in two phases:
1- Interview phase of a technical nature, with the team that requires the incorporation. To assess the person's skills and CV.
2 - Meeting with HR with the finalist(s) to finish assessing the profile and discuss contractual and institutional issues.
If needed any technical test could be pass. A Psychological Competency Evaluation Test will be required for the structural or transversal positions.
In accordance with the OTM-R principles, a gender-balanced recruitment panel is formed for every vacancy at the beginning of the process. After reviewing the content of the applications, the panel will start the interviews, with at least one technical and one administrative interview. A profile questionnaire as well as a technical exercise may be required during the process.
How to Apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: DM_END-VOC_Oct22 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.
We confirm our commitment towards the value of the diversity of our staff and student population and seek to promote peace, equity, diversity and inclusion as essential elements in contribution to improving health worldwide.