The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What we are looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a Data Analyst or Data Engineer to participate in development of a Web-based Business Intelligence (BI) application, with the overall project goal of developing a fully functional KPI (indicators) system, as well as increasing the management and visibility of internal data of all the institute’s areas, and placing all this information in an accessible format in the institute’s intranet in order to facilitate collecting, analyzing and reporting data to meet institutional research needs. This will be done in coordination with all the institute’s areas, gathering their data inputs, and improving and creating when needed the required modules, data connections and systems to make it possible.
This contract is part of the project (ECT2020-000666), funded by Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation (MCIN/AEI/10.13039/501100011033) and European Union “NextGenerationEU”/PRTR”
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Doctorate or Bachelor degree in science or related area.
- Master's degree with a focus on Data Analysis (Data Science, Data Analytics or Big Data).
- Experience with Business Intelligence tools ( ETL tools and Data Analytics)
- Experience with Relational DataBases Management (MySQL, SQLServer, PostgreSQL, others,)
- Experience with GIT Version Control System
- Computer Knowledge of SAP Analytics, Google Sheets, STATA , R Matlab.
- Experience with Linux OS (CentOS, Ubuntu, RedHat..)
It will be valued
- Knowledge of other programming languages: PHP, Oracle, Python, Perl .
- Knowledge with CMS Wordpress, Drupal, Joomla, LifeRay management
- Knowledge of computer networks
- Knowledge of NoSQL Databases (MongoDB, etc)
- Knowledge of NGinx with Unicorn webserver
- Analyze current data management systems and how these systems can communicate with each other, including possible modifications to current systems.
- Technical design and implementation of a fully functional KPIs management web-based BI Application.
- Collect customer requirements, determine technical issues, and design reports to meet data analysis needs.
- Identify new sources of data and methods to improve data collection, analysis, and reporting.
- Collect, analyze, and report data to meet customer needs.
- Develop Business Intelligence culture around the organization.
- Ability to: Recognize and resolve system-related problems; communicate technical and complex information both in oral and written form; effectively plan, organize and prioritize work assignments; coordinate multiple projects concurrently and work with minimum guidance and direction.
- Good treatment and relationship with people, professional communicative, self-taught and willing to work as a team.
- Empathic with the ability to work with professionals from very different cultures, mindsets and ways of working.
- Proven expertise in providing assistance (technical or otherwise).
Duration: 12 months
Starting date: November 1, 2021
Contract: Full time
Salary range: Salary according to internal scales
During the crisis caused by COVID-19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: WD_KPIs_Oct21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname. The CV and cover letter should be in English.
Applicants must have the right to work in Spain / Europe.
The receipt of applications will be open until 15th of October 2021
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could take place before the closing date for applications.