DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
- Ethics in health sciences.
- Medical sciences
- Other: Education
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Doctor of Medicine is required.
- Graduate degree in Public Health is preferred.
- University-level training in political science, government, international relations or a similar field is preferred.
- Rank of Associate Professor or higher at a medical school.
- At least 10 years of experience providing patient care of migrants.
- At least 10 years of experience designing courses in medical education, including curriculum in migrant health.
- Experience working with panel physicians.
Core competencies of panel physicians include:
- Understand the Technical Instructions for partner countries.
- Establish an organized referral network structure of service providers for the management of diagnostics, non-communicable diseases and mental health.
- Understand core principles of public health and epidemiology of relevant burdens of disease, communicable and non-communicable.
- Respond to social determinants of health-related needs and behavior.
- Communicate effectively across cultures.
- Identify ethical issues in working with migrant populations.
- Demonstrate leadership skills.
- Plan for conducting research in practice.
- Describe global health disparities.
- Improve health care delivery at the population level.
- Identify needs for health education of panel physicians in migrant health.
- Explore opportunities for partnerships with related certification programs in migrant health.
- Plan health education, including goals, objectives, activities and assessment.
- Implement health education for panel physicians, including development of content, delivery and impact evaluation, for both on-site and distance-learning activities.
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Teaching ability.
- Writing skills.
- Clinical skills in migrant health.
- Fluent English is required.
- Proficiency in Spanish, French, Arabic, Russian or Mandarin is preferred.
- Duration : 12 months
- Starting date: 1 October 2020
- Contract: part-time
- Salary Range:
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Coor_MigrantHealth_Sep20, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.