DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
What We Are Looking for
ISGlobal is seeking a national consultor from Morocco who is interested in taking over and managing activities of the project Strengthening migrant health monitoring in North Africa and Yemen: development, evaluation and implementation of an innovative data tool (MHCP-t). The overall project goal is to comprehensively map and assess in each of the seven target countries the levels and types of national immunisation health systems available to the migrant population.
For this study, two research protocols were developed by the study's scientific committee:
1st - Vaccination coverage and access to vaccines for the migrant population in North Africa: a systematic review
2nd - Vaccination of migrants in North Africa: a comparative analysis of policies in the countries.
- Migrant Health.
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Postgraduate degree in the health field
- More than 2 years of experience in conducting research studies and writing research protocols
- At least 2 years’ experience in conducting literature reviews/documentaries
- Experience in the field of migration is desirable
- Knowledge of vaccination in Morocco and North Africa
- Provide information on vaccination in Morocco (types of vaccines, organizations that might be involved...)
- Review of research protocols
- Participation in the validation of research protocols
- Discussion of the "Keywords" for the research strategy
- Participation in the definition of key health indicators
- Participation in data analysis
- Participation in writing the final proposal for the call for projects
- Systematic review of national publications (theses, reports...) on vaccination of migrants
- Search of national and international literature through PubMed, Google Scholar or others: we estimate the review of more than 100 scientific articles
- Review of grey literature such as:
- Ministry of Health / Vaccination and Immunization Programme - Policy recommendations at national level (any reference to migration will be included).
- WHO - Country level policy recommendations (any reference to migration will be included).
- UNHCR, (immunization projects in migrant populations)
- IOM, (projects on vaccination in migrant populations)
- MSF (projects on immunisation in migrant populations)
- Unicef (projects on vaccination of migrant populations)
- Other organisations (NGOs, etc.)
- Country experts will be consulted to provide other potential sources of information.
- Submission of the final report of the mission
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Computer skills (word, power point, excel)
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Communication skills
- A good level of English is desirable (meetings in English are planned)
- Duration: Three months
- Starting date: August 2021
- Contract: Full time
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: CON_MigrantHealth_Jul21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 30.07.2021.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.