DescripciónThe Barcelona Institute for Global Health, ISGlobal, is the result of an innovative alliance between academic, government, and philanthropic institutions to contribute to the efforts undertaken by the international community to address the challenges in global health.
The institution is leading several innovative research projects in the area of international health, particularly focused on Neglected Tropical Diseases and emerging infectious diseases in international travellers.
What We Are Looking for
We are seeking a motivated biostatistician to join the International Health Team at Hospital Clinic, working closely with the new Data Science team at ISGlobal. The ideal candidate will be working on the STOP project, a multicenter project focused on the clinical development plan of new treatments for helminth infections, which are among the most common infections worldwide and affect the poorest and most deprived communities in the world. This is a unique opportunity for a motivated scientist to contribute to impactful research and develop skills and new methodology in the field of data science.
Main responsabilities and tasks
- Contribute biostatistics support for the STOP project, included but not limited, to clinical trials to be conducted in three African countries.
- Develop data analytics methodology to explain and predict health outcomes leveraging public and clinical trial data, working closely with the ISGlobal Biomedical Data Science team.
- To provide support and knowledge to a diverse range of clinical studies conducted by the international health team.
- Participate in the analysis and writing of scientific articles under the supervision of the principal investigator.
- Search pertinent scientific literature as needed.
Experience and training
- Biostatistician with expertise in clinical epidemiology.
- Solid programming experience in one or more general purpose programming language: Python, R, Scala
- Experience developing algorithms or building data solutions, and integrating and managing datasets from multiple sources is highly desirable
- Demonstrated experience in research studies.
- Experience and knowledge on issues related to Global Health will be valued
Languages and others
- Fluent in English.
- Duration:12 months, extendable.
- Start date: September 2021
- Full time.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: Bioes_InterHealth_Ago21, attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
The receipt of applications will be open until 10th September.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only the applications submitted through the request form will be considered.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
The interviews could be placed during the reception candidatures period.