The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation into policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. Research is organized in three main areas, Malaria and other Infectious Diseases, Child and Maternal Health, and Urban Health, Climate & Non-Communicable Diseases. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry, being the first global public health centre to receive this recognition.
This position will be funded through the “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation
What We Are Looking for
Training and experience /Qualifications
- Bachelor degree, Master or PhD in the field of Life Sciences or Bio-Engineering.
- MBA will be a plus.
Knowledge, skills and professional experience in the areas of:
- Biomedical or bioengineering research.
- Knowledge and technology transfer.
- Business development and business plan design.
- Data analysis.
- Project management.
- Knowledge of the Catalan, national and European science, technology and innovation systems as well as of the technology transfer procedures and associated regulations.
- Support the Knowledge, Technology transfer, and business development activities of the ISGlobal Innovation department.
- The Innovation department promotes new discoveries and ideas generated by ISGlobal researchers, bringing them to society in several ways:
- Identifying interventions with potential health and socioeconomic benefits and developing strategies to apply these in the real world..
- Proactively identifying needs and opportunities in the area of health and pinpointing areas suitable for collaboration.
- Creating sustainable products and services designed to improve patient access, health equity and the quality of health care.
Support the knowledge and technology transfer process of innovative projects:
- Contribute to achieve the ISGlobal Innovation Strategic plan which is aligned with ISGlobal Strategic Plan 2019-2013 and in particular the Severo Ochoa Programme. Manage the innovation indicators and reports.
- Manage the intellectual and industrial property (software register, patents, etc)
- Advise and support researchers with technology transfer projects in obtaining funding for its development as well as in the execution of valuation and exploitation plans for technologies.
- Perform industry search promoting public-private collaboration in order to support the effective transfer of the portfolio of patents, software and inventions (contracted research, development technology, demonstrators, proof of concept, licenses, ...).
- Elaborate co-ownership and exploitation, co-development and licensing agreements in collaboration with the legal department.
- Support start-up creation.
- Propose new methodologies and best practices to improve general support for the transfer function and promote cultural change in the organization.
- Train colleagues in knowledge and technology transfer.
- Fulfill other related specific assignments.
- Problem resolution.
- Learning capacity.
- Proficiency in English, Spanish and Catalan (C1-MCER).
- Excellent communication skills.
- Duration: 1 year, extendable subject to performance.
- Starting date: immediately.
- Contract: full time.
- Salary: According to candidate's experience and qualifications.
During the crisis caused by COVID19, standard working conditions will be adapted to sanitary requirements.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: BIOInnovationManager_Innovation_Apr20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname. The receipt of applications will be open until May, 28th 2020.
Applications will be accepted until 17.00 CET of the closing date.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.