The Barcelona Institute for Global Health (ISGlobal) is a cutting-edge institute addressing global public health challenges through research, translation to policy and education. ISGlobal has a broad portfolio in communicable and non-communicable diseases including environmental and climate determinants, and applies a multidisciplinary scientific approach ranging from the molecular to the population level. ISGlobal is accredited with the Severo Ochoa distinction, a seal of excellence of the Spanish Science Ministry.
This position will be funded through the “Centro de Excelencia Severo Ochoa 2019-2023” Program (CEX 2018-000806-S) from the Spanish Ministry of Science and Innovation."
What we are looking for
Main duties and tasks
- Participate in research on follow-up of population cohorts in relation to covid-19 within the NCDs and Environment program;
- Lead part of this research focusing on mental, social and gender issues;
- Develop protocols and apply methods for contact and follow-up of participants using apps, wearables and social media to assess exposures and health outcomes;
- Promote the use of citizen science approaches;
- Report and publish results;
- Participate or lead in applications for funding in these areas.
- Interact with the new mHealth/eHealth Severo Ochoa group at ISGlobal and with other researchers using mHealth methods;
- Supervise new researchers (master/PhD).
Training and experience
- Candidates must have an earned doctorate in biomedicine, epidemiology, psychology, environmental sciences or a related discipline by the position start date, a record of peer reviewed publications and experience in research in mHealth.
- Candidates must demonstrate potential for obtaining external research funding.
- Knowledge of use and application of Apps, sensors and other mHealth/eHealth methods in population studies.
- English and Spanish.
- Duration: 3 years.
- Starting date: immediately.
- Contract: part time (50%)
- Salary: According to candidate's experience and qualifications.
How to apply
Applicants must fill in the request form and include the following code reference position: SO_Faculty_mHealthCovid_Jun20 attach the CV and a Cover Letter. Each attached document must be named with the candidate name and surname.
Review of applications will continue until the position is filled.
Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.